31. 12. 2012
Beauty Picks, Make Up, Skin Care | Brand: Christian Dior, Brand: Clarins, Brand: Elizabeth Arden, Brand: Estee Lauder, Brand: Etude House, Brand: Filorga, Brand: Giorgio Armani, Brand: Guerlain, Brand: MAC Cosmetics, Brand: OPI, Brand: Peripera, Brand: Philosophy, Brand: Revlon, Brand: RMK, Brand: Shu Uemura, Brand: Sigma, Brand: TARTE
Here comes my yearly roundup of my favorite things, well Part 2 anyway, before ringing in the new year. Looking back, there’s not much of a major change given that most of the products mentioned in the previous post are still among my daily staples.
▷ Favorites 2012 – The First Half
• Filorga Eau Anti-Age Mist [ Brand Write-Up ]
An alcohol-free skincare mist bursting with pro-collagen NCTF® that encourages new energy into the skin. Touted as an anti-aging booster, this can be spritz over makeup and periodically throughout the day. The only skincare product, besides cleansing, that I’d use while briefly bedridden earlier this month; it softens and moisturizes the skin really well.
• Philosophy Purity Made Simple Foaming 3-in-1 Cleanser [ REVIEW ]
A cult favorite around the world; it cleanses, tones and removes makeup well. Slightly short of perfection, it fails to dissolve stubborn eyeliners and mascaras efficiently.
• Clarins HydraQuench Cream-Melt [ Write-Up; REVIEW ]
The dense water-based moisturizer melts into the skin and instantly quenches dehydrated skin. Having used up nearly 3 jars within a year, that’s how much I love it!
• Prevage Triple Defense Shield SPF50 PA+++ [ Write-Up ]
A high-performance sunscreen that leaves skin feeling velvety smooth the entire day.
• Revlon Nail Enamel in Crème Brûlée [ Swatches ]
• OPI Nail Lacquer in Just Spotted The Lizard [ Swatches ]
• Estée Lauder Pure Color Nail Lacquer in Dressed To Kill [ Swatches ]
• Etude Nail Polish in Crazy Orange [ Swatches ]
MAKEUP – BASE
• Revlon ColorStay™ Whipped Foundation
Superb coverage and long-lasting, what more could you ask for? A spatula is what it needs!
• Elizabeth Arden Ceramide Ultra Lift and Firm Concealer [ REVIEW; Comparison ]
Goes over powder extremely well that bodes well for touch-ups
• Guerlain Parure de Lumière Fluid Foundation [ Write-Up ]
Gel-cream consistency that’s immensely hydrating with medium coverage
• Guerlain Météorites Perles in 02 Teint Beige
Great as a finishing powder with good sebum control
MAKEUP – EYES
• Estée Lauder Five Color Violet Underground Eyeshadow Palette [ Swatches ]
• Clarins Eye Quartet Mineral in Indigo [ Swatches ]
• RMK 15th Anniversary Eye Palette in Gray [ Swatches ]
• Estée Lauder Pure Color Gelée Powder Eyeshadow in Pop Pistachio [ Swatches ]
• Giorgio Armani Eyes To Kill in Écailles [ Swatches ]
• Giorgio Armani Eyes To Kill in Oxidised Silver [ Swatches ]
• MAKEUP – LOOKS
Funny how blue has been excessively used this year, compared to the last with purple.
• Going Code Blue
• Blue Memories
• Blue-Gray Combo // Day & Night
• Pop Goes My Pistachio
• Oxidised Silver With A Twisturn
MAKEUP – CHEEKS
• Diorskin Nude Shimmer Instant Illuminating Powder [ Swatches ]
• Estée Lauder Bronze Goddess Soft Matte Bronzer [ Swatches ]
• Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush in Blissful
• Shu Uemura Glow On Blush in M Medium Amber 750 [ Swatches ]
Bronzers have taken the spotlight this year and will continue to carry over to 2013.
▷ Bronzers Overview: Humble Assembly
FAVE MAKEUP COMBO
• Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place + Advanced Night Repair [ Write-Up ]
A dream combination where the creamy foundation enhances your natural skin tone, leaving a second skin-like finish, whereas the serum imparts a firming effect and prevents base makeup from budging for several hours. I’m pretty excited to pair with the raving Invisible Fluid Makeup which will be released locally in mid-2013.
• Estée Lauder Double Wear Maximum Cover + Sigma E40 Tapered Blending [ Write-Up ]
Though on the dry side, it boasts superb coverage and is better used as a concealer. This particular brush is great to blend the product into the skin, and can reach into the small crevices, like the sides of my nose and under my eyes.
MAKEUP – LIPS
Glosses are also often fixtures in my vanity bag; their thick, tacky formula forms a distracting film over my chapped lips.
• Estée Lauder Pure Color Gloss With Sequins Finish in Molten Honey [ Swatches ]
• Estée Lauder Gloss Prodige Lip Gloss in Rose [ Swatches ]
• Estée Lauder Pure Color High Gloss in Pink Cloud [ Swatches ]
• Clarins Colour Quench Lip Balm in Peach Nectar [ Swatches ]
MAKEUP – LIPS
Tangerine has also been heavily favored, partly due to being announced as Pantone’s Color of The Year // “Tangerine Tango” Inspired Look
• Peripera My Color Lips in Mandarin Orange [ Swatches ]
• Christian Dior Rouge Dior Haute Couleur in Andalouse [ Swatches ]
• MAC Cosmetics Amplied Creme Lipstick in Morange
• Getting To The Root Of Chronic Dehydration with Origins “Make A Difference™ Plus+”
• Estée Lauder-Inspired ‘Gilded Fade’ Manicure
• Philosophy The Microdelivery Peel
• Eco-Conscious X Proactive Approach To Aging Skin by La Prairie
• Flawless Skin Routine – Sept’12
• La Mer Introduces The New Miracle – Moisturizing Soft Cream
• Albion // Dynamic Duo for Translucent, Supple Skin
• Milo’s excursion to the salon!
• Introducing Clarins Double Serum® Complete Age Control Concentrate
• Anna Sui Fall 2012 – Trio of Roses
• Beauty Makeover | My RMK Summer Story
A sneak peek of what to expect next month
Here I bid adieu to 2012 which is mostly a uniform feeling of “meh” although it could have been better. Cheers to an exciting, and hopefully fruitful new year☆
Tags: Brand: Christian Dior, Brand: Clarins, Brand: Elizabeth Arden, Brand: Estee Lauder, Brand: Etude House, Brand: Filorga, Brand: Giorgio Armani, Brand: Guerlain, Brand: MAC Cosmetics, Brand: OPI, Brand: Peripera, Brand: Philosophy, Brand: Revlon, Brand: RMK, Brand: Shu Uemura, Brand: Sigma, Brand: TARTE