Following weeks of hair frustrations, I decided to book a rebonding session with Essensuals Bugis which took place more than a fortnight ago. Bryan, director of the salon, persuaded me to undertake Soft Rebonding instead, as the result looks more natural unlike the ‘forced’ paper-thin effect. This alternative option is best for those who struggle with frizzy hair and can last for 6 months.
I have friends who had previously gone for this service(at other salons) but couldn’t manage their hair properly, resulting in severe frizziness. Hopefully my notes, taken down during the 3-hour session, will serve as a friendly reference should it be on your To-Do list.
Hair Rebonding is the breaking of chemical bonds, which are then rearranged and then bonded back permanently. Due to the use of strong chemicals, it is strongly advisable to visit a reputable establishment. My virgin session was done almost a decade ago, at some unknown salon at Far East Plaza, but it barely lasted past the 4th-month mark.
• Hair is shampooed thoroughly to prep and allow better absorption of forthcoming chemicals
• After it’s been blown-dry, hair is divided in 4 portions and applied with straightening cream then wrapped with aluminum foils for 15 minutes
• Following a rinse, hair is blown completely dry – it is essential to remove all moisture at this stage
• Hair is ironed out with a straightener to not only do the obvious, but also ‘create’ the desired shape
• A neutralizer is applied to rebind hair bond and leave on for 10 minutes
• Following a cold rinse, hair is given a final blow-dry
IMPORTANT! The restructured bonds of your hair needs extra care, so take note!
※ Do not wash in the next 48 hours.
※ Do not clip or tie for an entire week! Do not even tuck behind your ears.
These disruptive actions will cause the bonds to bend and create an unsightly and permanent(until your hair grows out) The next 7 days will be tortuous, especially while cleansing. Trust me, I was cursing the whole time!
※ Opt for a haircare line that’s gentle and hydrating – Enrich by Wella Professionals
The Straight Leave-In Cream is a must-have for styling. I’m also using Kérastase Elixir Ultime for added nourishment, and tame flyaways.
Overall, my hair is so much more manageable, and those jerky ends that always take ages to unsuccessfully tame, have been shunned for as long as…well, that depends on how well my tresses are taken care of.
Note: My hair had not been applied with any product during photography.
As a delightful perk, simply quote “Joyce September – AtelierBeauty(dot)com” and enjoy 50% off the Wella Pro-Care Treatment [ REVIEW ] on top of any service.
Essensuals Hairdressing Bugis | Facebook
241A Victoria Street, Bugis Village (Above Burger King)
Tel: 6333 0039 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tags: Essensuals Bugis